Here's the 20th post about exterior color anxiety. I'm leaning toward blue--not green, not gray, not anything light (30+ LRV). 15-Distance looks dark and moody on the swatch, but not on the house.
15-Distance is capital-B Blue in daylight. One shade darker on the S-W card is 8-Indigo Batik. There are other gray blues--in the direction of the existing lower panel, and then there are blues that bend toward teal. I spent some time driving around Maple Leaf noticing that there are three groups: Blue, Navy, and Dark Gray with blue undertones (like the existing lower panel). Always with white trim.
I think I like Navy.
| 12203 4th Ave, painted blue since Google StreetView (was beige) |
So, if 15-Distance is too blue, too Fisher-Price, do I go 15-Smoky Blue or 4-Naval? Or maybe teal is more exotic?
| 15-Distance (2nd from left, middle row) looks gray |
In the array of color chips, 19-Refuge (lower left) heads teal. Darker teal: 5-Rainstorm (top row, left). 4-Jasper (top row, right) is full-on green, but it's so dark it's hard to tell. 7-Sea Serpent (top row, 2nd from left) is true blue, but seems green here.
8-Indigo Batik is the color to beat--it's less gray and more definite than 15-Distance.
| Test square is 8-Indigo Batik (15-Distance on each side of 30-African Gray) |
Here are our finalists:
![]() |
| (l to r) 11-Tempe Star, 15-Distance, 8-Indigo Batik, and 4-Naval |

No comments:
Post a Comment