Sunday, March 1, 2026

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely working. Increasingly, I've been using the dirt by the garage instead of the wobbly stepping stones.



So, here's a temporary plan to fix that. It's just "for now." (Famous last words, I know, but I'm tired of waiting.) I'll build a 2x4 frame where the stake is in the photo above, fill it with dirt and gravel and top it off with concrete pavers. Then I'll carefully level a little patio off these Trex steps.


The patio pavers will butt up to the two 2x4s at the top of the frame.


Last, I'll take out the last two pavers on the old path, leaving the first uneven step isolated and I'll plan to turn it into gravel with a sledge hammer at my leisure.

Lowes sells 12x12 pavers for $1.88 and 19.6" x 19.6" pavers for $6.98. I need (8) 12x12s for the two steps = $15.04. (9) of the larger pavers = $62.82. The plan shows two of the existing 16x16 pavers filling in the corners. With tax, the pavers will cost $86. They sell 1/2 cu. ft. of pea gravel for $6.58--I'm not sure how many of those I'll need.

With luck, this will help delivery people to find the real front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...