Monday, October 27, 2014

Closing and recording

Before 8 a.m., Andreia de Sousa of Old Republic Exchange clears the paperwork she couldn't be bothered to do on Friday and authorizes the wire transfer of our $274,000.

9:46 a.m. Gwen says the wire was received.

Knowing that I have a mattress being delivered in the afternoon, I race down to Ikea to buy a bed. It's 30 minutes one way and I make the roundtrip in about 90 minutes.

2:30 p.m., I'm waiting at the house when the Sleep Country truck pulls up and delivers the mattress. I have the Ikea bed in the car.

2:50 p.m.: Geoff arrives and gives me the key from the lockbox. We go in and he helps me move the mattress inside, but he says I can't be in the house until it officially records.

3:32 p.m., Gwen Chamberlain of First American Title notifies everyone that the sale of the property has been recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...