Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Moving in

My first night sleeping in the new bed goes well. The mattress is very comfortable; the sheets will probably feel better once they've been washed. I don't want to turn up the heat for fear of waking up way too hot, but the result is that I'm cold all night.

I still have a full carload of things at the Jones', including the black Office Depot desk, my desktop computer, the drafting table, and a closet full of clothes. I bring it all over in the afternoon, just as the security cameras are delivered. At 7 p.m. or so, I give up waiting for the Jones' and make a quick run to Ikea, primarily to buy a cheap comforter so I won't freeze.

I end up buying an $80 rolling nightstand that matches the bed (Malm) and $100 worth of miscellaneous stuff--a fork, spoon, and knife, a desk lamp, a dish scrubber, two glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...