The only progress in weeks is that Puget Sound Energy is installing a gas meter, hopefully this week. I spoke to a guy on Thursday, August 6. He spray-painted the street in white. We talked about the location and I put on the yellow sticker. Next day, August 7, I notice more paint in the street--purple this time. Then, sometime the week of August 10, yellow paint appeared, along with No Parking signs. The signs say August 17-21, but no one has parked since they went up (I don't think they read the little words).
Update 8/20: The three-man crew arrived and they want the meter 24" from the hose bibb. They don't mind putting it under the existing window, because the top of the meter is still 36" from the operable part of the window. They got here at 2pm, dug holes near the meter location by hand until they left at 3:20 or so. They left their backhoe and said they would return tomorrow morning.
 |
| I hope the sticker comes off without damaging the paint (just kidding!) |
 |
| Rahm, the 6-year-old across the street, will enjoy the trucks |
 |
| Can you say: overkill? |
The way it works is that they install the meter, a plumber installs gas lines in the house and connects them to the meter, then we call PSE again to test and approve, and then they turn the gas on.
No comments:
Post a Comment