| Henry, the foreman, drives the Volvo Compact Excavator |
Henry showed up with three big trucks this morning at about 7:20 a.m. (Nate said 8:00 a.m, but I was ready for them.) I'm prepared for "3-5 days" so I expect there will be a hole filling with rain over the weekend. Changes one's attitude about redundant front doors.
The Zestimate on the house is $594,792. I would need to spend $25,000 on a furnace, roof and gutters, perhaps, but if this inflation is true, that's a gross $127,792. I'm out of pocket for the survey, soils report, half the building permit, and structural engineering. The excise tax would be $9,517.
I need to hold it two years, to avoid capital gains, so I can't sell before October 27, 2016. Rather than sell in winter, we're talking about March 2017. The no remodeling scenario, then, is $467 + $12 (plans) + $25 improvements = basis is $504. If I list for $619 and sell for $595 my profit (minus excise) is $81,500. That's a 16% simple return, which is not bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment