Sunday, January 24, 2021

The Great Bathroom Makeover


For a few dollars worth of paint and a weekend's work, the bathroom looks great! (Okay, so it was two weeks and a few hundred dollars, but in 2022, I'm pretty sure I won't remember.)

The catalyst: No baseboard, the vent just flopping around.

"Shadow" of old cabinet above toilet; I didn't like the wood

This photo also shows the cheap plastic medicine cabinet.

Hard to organize storage under the sink. Need a shelf.
Fresh white semi-gloss and new shelves. The one under the sink has a backstop and is removable.


New LED downlights; new tp holder with phone shelf; new medicine cabinet

Gave walls a nice gray (Sherwin-Williams Silverpointe), added unobtrusive crown molding and baseboards in white, and converted wood grain cabinet to a "Pottery Barn" blue (Sherwin-Williams Distance). The ugly jacuzzi timer above the light switches is now a blank plate. The medicine cabinet swings the other way, so the mirror can be used for close-ups. Note new hinges on main entrance door.

Luxurious bath towels match the cabinet.

Satisfaction.

The ugly, temporary, skinny window looks a lot better in solid trim white (Sherwin-Williams Pure White). I thought about Silverpointe to "paint it out," and I thought about recalling the blue of the cabinets--if not the whole door, then the trim at the glass. Peggy was right--solid white.

Peggy also selected Silverpointe for the wall (shown here respecting the two-tone tiles) and Distance for the cabinet.

Note that the new window/door handle matches the cabinet and can break your fingers if you don't grab it from the left.

The flat "crown" molding works exactly as intended. 


The tile has fresh grout. The old tp and paper towel location have vanished.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...