Monday, April 1, 2024

Roofing

We had aimed for 25 March, but rain was forecast. Tuesday, 26 March, was dry, but I had already agreed with Mauricio (aka Odilio) that we would target starting on 29 March. It rained Wednesday, when I gave Mauricio a check for 25% ($5,000 and change), and again on Thursday, when ABC Supply showed up and unloaded tons of shingles, rolls of CertainTeed Diamond Deck and other miscellany. 

Shingles delivered and stacked all over the roof.

But Friday, 29 March, was clear and sunny and Mauricio showed up with 3 helpers and got to work. The four worked 30 March as well, but not 31 March--that was Easter Sunday. They left the big truck parked here.

Mauricio was surprised by the extent of the rot and had to bring more lumber with him on Saturday. I was actually pleased that so much of the OSB sheathing was in good shape.



Notice the wide metal valley flashings on the ground

Monday, 1 April, Mauricio was back with one helper--I think it's his son. Only the three west side roof planes remained to de-shingle. The Diamond Deck is already up on most of the main house.


Mauricio and (I think) his son standing behind him, working over the front porch

CertainTeed Diamond Deck



No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...