Thursday, March 19, 2020

Roof Cleaning No. 2

I met Eric Johnson when he cleaned the Gadgil's roof across the street. He quoted me just $465 for roof and gutter cleaning and moss treatment. In 2017, I paid over $800.

Eric Johnson
A Fine Reflection, Seattle
206-355-2349


He arrived about 10am and left before 1pm. ($155/hour, not including his travel time from Renton.) I was prepared to pay $512, with a 8% tip, so I had $550 cash ready. He said he wouldn't charge tax if I was paying cash. (That is, of course he pays the sales tax as required by law, but he would adjust his price down. That's what I assume.) I gave him $550 anyway, making it an 18% tip. Not too far overboard. 

Eric's company also does interior and exterior window cleaning (not interior during quarantine) and maybe he's a good guy to build a relationship with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...