Thursday, March 11, 2021

Car Canopy

 I've put the new car cover on three, maybe four, times and already it's gotten old. A canvas carport is seeming more and more like a better solution. It'll still be nice to have a car cover.


The dimensions are easy--there are a number of 10' x 20' canopies with six supports--that fits the RAV4. The ridge height of these, however, is 103" or so and the garage eave is 100.5". The fascia is 99". It would nice if it tucked under the eave and could be attached to the garage wall, but it's not a requirement.

They come in green, grey, white, camouflage. I like the blue, but it looks like a temporary tarp (which it is).

For wind holddowns, they sell things that velcro to four legs that you fill with water or sand (sand is heavier).

This is a heavy-duty model (8 legs) for $250


Lighter (6 legs), same company, for $175

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...