Saturday, December 13, 2014

Roof lines

Experimenting with Plan A...moving the wall closer to the street. I want a cascade of roofs and by going high in the entry and low in the bedroom behind, I can open clerestories to a view of the forest.

Imagine forest green sheet metal roof
To the left of the garage is the media room, now on a plane with the garage doors. Further left, the kitchen and entry bump out a bit. Behind the media room, we get clerestories and the higher roof of the trees room. Left of the entry, the triple windows of the living room remain.

We keep the hip roof over the garage and apartment, but we pull the ridge toward the street. That is, we add new hip ridges on the front (because the garage extends toward the street). Also, I'm imagining a lower plate height at the garage door and at the workshop on the west side. So, the hip looks similar, but it's not the same.

Here's what the existing north elevation looks like:

1 comment:

  1. great existing elevation drawing ;D
    Proposed new elevation is not working....refer to Pattern Language, Cascading roofs

    ReplyDelete

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...