Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The list of remodelers

Coming back from the holidays, I started a list of local remodeling contractors.

At the top of the list is U Build It of Greenlake. They are a franchise that aggregates sub-contractors and helps homeowners be their own general. It's a little off-putting that the Greenlake location bills itself as Bellevue.

A number of contractors on the list of about 40, drawn from Google, Yelp, and Houzz, seem ready to re-do a kitchen or a bathroom, but don't have any more extensive remodels in their portfolios.

Hammer & Hand seems to be able to handle real architecture.
Hammer & Hand, of Portland and Seattle, have an architectural home on their web site.

Sam Alhadeff lives a few blocks north of Trees House. His Alhadeff Group has an interior designer on staff.

I like the look of Dyna Contracting of Ballard. They have a custom fab shop called Dyna Metal for things like steel and cable railings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...