Saturday, June 6, 2015

Embedding the cubes

You may recall (from a few hours ago) that I wrote:
The high row of cubes is full height, which means the roof does not engage. That is, the soffit is at the plate height, unlike the existing house. I plan to experiment with bringing the high roof down 13" so the high row of cubes will be shorter. This will either 1) seem just right, 2) look like a mistake, or 3) make clear how unimportant the cube grid really is.
So here is the model with the Trees Room roof and ceiling 13" lower (13' 8" instead of 14' 9"). I'm thinking that it's #3. I have noticed that the grid's precision and accuracy doesn't matter as much as that it aligns with windows and doors.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...