Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Rain Protection for Jehovah's Witnesses

Peggy suggested hanging a roof at the entry, rather than some complicated cantilever beam thing. I like the idea of glass, because the entry ceiling will be interesting, so why not see it as you wait at the door.

Home Depot has a $400 model with stainless steel brackets and a curving clear/grey polycarbonate roof (Palram Aquila 2050).

Here's what I want: CRL Glass Awning system. I'll contact a glass dealer. Maybe they can hook me up with the glass connectors, wall brackets, and cables.

Thinking about it, I'm a little worried about uplift. A tension cable system would do nothing to stop the wind from flattening the glass against the wall. A rod in tension could handle the compression wind load, but that's why it would be better to buy someone's engineered glass-holding system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...