Wednesday, July 1, 2020

It's been a week

The lumber and decking arrived a week ago. We'd be farther along if it hadn't rained so much, but we're just about ready to install the Fiberon.
Extra blocking; acrylic joist tape and black stain
The first Fiberon board. Note the Gray Screen paint.
Next step involves cutting the picture frame from solid edge boards. The board shown above needs a 45° miter, but the second edge board needs a 52° miter because of the 14° cant. The third, fourth, and fifth boards need to be cut around the railing posts. Then we'll be ready to install the regular deck boards inside the frame.

Wednesday morning...and its raining. The Weather app shows it stopping by 9am and no more rain for a week; I'll believe it only in hindsight.

Two unrelated things:

  • The downspout is actually working, which is great. You can hear it dripping on the weed fabric. But that reminds me, we probably want to use an underground pipe to direct it away from the house, as I did on the other side of the breezeway. Digging for the pipe will mean uninstalling the weed fabric. Et cetera, et cetera.
  • The sewage ejector plug was only half-connected, I noticed, and when I plugged it all the way in, a distant hum came from the ground! Until that moment, I had never caught the thing working.
The color will be fine (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...