Friday, September 25, 2020

Rain Storm Strikes

We got a lot of rain Friday afternoon, September 25.


The deck and patio lights survived the rain storm quite well. The drainage swale at the street, however, filled with mud and plant debris and completely clogged the pipe under the driveway.


I filed an online report with the City of Seattle on Saturday (confirmation #20-00193731). They expect to respond with 5 days. In the photo, you can see that the street runoff created a river across the grass, down the driveway and through the backyard to the ravine. My property, by the way, starts at the brick post light thing.


The 118th Street River

We had some mist on Saturday, but it's been dry (sunny, at times), for days (I'm writing this on Wednesday).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...