Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Deck Complete Except for Punch List

Well. We slowed down a lot at the end, and I was hoping for a more polished look from the cable rail, but I have to say that I'm quite satisfied with the results.






Punch List Items

  • Clean off remaining tree sap
  • Some deck boards are not screwed down everywhere; need to backfill screws
  • Need a block under one of the lower deck boards--it comes to an acute angle that barely rests on the joist
  • Tighten stair cable rail--make lines more parallel
  • 2nd coat of black stain on understructure
  • Final placement of patio lights, tuck in extra wire--lots o' cable ties
  • Tension patio light support wires, cut off excess
  • Hardware cloth critter barrier under both decks--2x2 frame?
  • Handrail at house for upper deck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...