Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Back to Exterior Colors

Closing in on this, but I want to settle it. Because the front faces north and we're surrounded by shade, I think the body color should be quite light, with white trim. That leaves a lot of room for subtlety, however.

Sherwin-Williams suggests these palettes that seem to suit.

Colonnade Grey, Panda White, with Roycroft Copper Red door

Labradorite, Nacre, with Artifact door

Sensible Hue, Extra White, with Dress Blues door

The last palette is my favorite. I'd be tempted to mix and match, but the lighter Colonnade Grey (SW 7641) with Extra White (SW 7006) trim might not work as well. I like the crisp contrast between the blue door and the bright white--Dress Blues (SW 9176), but I thought 'Artifact' was an interesting choice.

Bland city. But maybe that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...