The current plan closes off the hallway by moving the laundry there. We want to remove the last of the popcorn ceiling and fix the rough texture on part of the hallway walls. We'll keep the doorbell chime niche.
There's an FAU vent that will be blocked by the new laundry room; we'll need to solve that.
There's one boob light; we need more lighting (two downlights should do), and I'd like a sun tunnel, too.
I wonder if carpet would be a good idea to minimize traffic noise in the hall?
I wonder if BA2 needs a 6-panel door to match the rest of the interior doors, or if the authentic single-panel is better?
Laundry. I'm not sure we need a tile floor under the washer/dryer. I'm planning to get one of those lipped mats, so I think it can rest on hardwood to match the rest of the house. The existing door works. We'll want to add more lighting and tidy up the power, water, and drain connection points.
As for the dryer vent, we can go down into the basement, but the vent would need to be under the deck (or it would be too long and with too many turns). I think it's better to go up through the roof. For those playing along at home, that 4 new roof penetrations--two sun tunnels, the BA1 exhaust fan and now the dryer vent.
![]() |
| Home Depot dryer vent |



No comments:
Post a Comment