What I really want is a standing seam metal roof. Somewhat easier to keep clean (although I've been warned that it's much more slippery when wet). Metal roofs are more expensive than composition shingle, but I'm thinking that the cost of materials isn't that large a component--stripping off the old shingles, repairing the sheathing, installing underlayment are probably $12000 of a $25000 job. If metal makes it $30,000, it might be worth it.
Maybe we use color on the roof...
State Roofing, for example. Back of the envelope says this is a 30-square job, but it's at the high end of the range because of the number of ridges and general complexity. Range, according to Homeguide.com, is $350-$500 for asphalt, $600-$1200 for metal, so:
- $10,500 to $15,000 for asphalt
- $18,000 to $36,000 for metal
![]() |
| Green or Pacific Blue might be nice, too. |



No comments:
Post a Comment