Thursday, November 16, 2023

What color should I paint the house?

I am so freaking tired of this discussion. Light colors, not dark. Because of the trees and the north facing orientation. One color, not a horizontal divide--or maybe two colors. Paint the brick. Or not.

Gray with a tinge of green, white trim, yellow details

Inspiration photo. Subtle yellow, except maybe on the front door.

Can't decide about painting the bricks. It seems clean and fresh, but it also seems like a cover-up. 

The inspiration photo has trim at the windows, which are thick. My windows are thin metal with an integral frame. There's no trim at the house corners. There's the chair rail. Would I paint this entire window white, like the soffit, then use yellow on the chair rail? Or, do I want to get really fussy and paint the window white and yellow? Got it! Paint the window black to go with the white exterior.

March 2020 photo. What part gets yellow? Where is the white trim?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...