![]() |
| Tricorn Black and Pewter Green |
I have been assuming north facing means I need light colors. True for the soffit, I still think, but I don't see the outside wall color affecting the interior light quality. Looking around the neighborhood for gray with white trim examples (and there are many), they seem a bit washed out. Because they are so light (and fairly common) they seem to lack confidence.
90% of houses paint the walls one color and the trim another. Part of this "confidence" aspect, perhaps, is painting some walls a different color. I'm thinking that painting the north and west walls of the garage a different color will seem decisive and at the same time rationalize the annexation of the garage.
In this sophisticated, dark scheme, the idea is to paint every wall of the house (upper vertical, chair rail, and lower horizontal) something like black except the garage east (front), north, and west walls, which would be a dark green. From the backyard, every wall would be black. The gutters, eaves, soffits and the greenhouse window would be Pure White, and the front door would be an accent color. We stain the brick at the breezeway and garage to match their walls. We could use black for the garage doors, the dark green for trim such as the glass block trim--these are details.
| Color | SW # | LRV | Color | Undertone |
| Tricorn Black | 6258 | 3 | Black | |
| Greenblack | 6994 | 4 | Black | Green |
| Black of Night | 6993 | 4 | Black | Slight green |
| Inkwell | 6992 | 4 | Black | Slight blue |
| Pewter Green | 6208 | 12 | Green |

No comments:
Post a Comment