Sunday, January 28, 2024

The Curb Appeal Corner

What is trim? Should there be 2 colors (wall and trim) or 3? Should the wall be very light or somewhat darker (or very dark)? 

When prospective buyers park, they will approach from the driveway (I did), so I think this is a critical corner.




I'd like to mockup white trim, white chair rail, with a light gray wall top and bottom, just to see how it feels. High LRV wall colors in the neighborhood often seem washed out. I tried a very light gray on the breezeway (just visible in the photo above). It's Gray Screen (SW 7071), LRV 59, which SW touts as having a "gorgeous blue undertone." I also have a quart of Evening Shadow (SW 7662) LRV 60, which SW says is cool due to a hint of blue.

SW has darker Gray Screen's: Online (LRV 45), Network Gray (37), African Gray (31), and Software (23)--I'm sensing a naming scheme--all of which have "blue undertones." Evening Shadow, on the other hand, has darker grays with cyan undertones: Monorail Silver (50) and Steely Gray (30).

For now, I have put some primer on the middle of the corner. When it dries (both the primer and the rainy skies), I'll try Evening Shadow top and bottom with a primer-white rail.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...