Update: 11/1/2024. Mystery solved. They went with a deep blue, maybe as dark as an Indigo Batik, or perhaps Denim, Distance, Inky Blue, or Smoky Blue--I considered all of these.
Just so I have a record, my neighbor Luke at 11803 8th Ave hired Hate to Paint to paint his house now that the interior remodeling (by Magazine Quality Kitchens) is done. I'm curious what color he'll go with. I saw Mona last week, but they got as far as primer before they apparently stopped while Luke replaced his metal shingle roof with Certainteed Landmark shingles.
The roofer did the tear off, underlayment and shingles in 3 days. The gutters, by Brothers Gutters, apparently damaged the metal shingles and Luke has been trying to reach an accommodation with them for months. So the gutters stayed; the metal shingles did not. I don't think I would have gone with black--I mean, I did, but I get no sun. I also would not have allowed all those penetrations on the front side of the house. It's hard to say, but I don't think he's got a ridge vent. On the plus side, his roofers were fast and that's a hefty valley flashing (like mine).
I wonder what color paint he'll go with? Since he copied my roof, it would be funny if he went with light green over darker green and painted his bricks Peppercorn. He could do worse.
| 22 Feb 2022 photo for reference |
No comments:
Post a Comment