Friday, November 15, 2024

Interior Colors

I've been wondering if the Color Lady (Anya Moller)'s idea for a warmer white was going to work for me. I would prefer what I call "museum white," but she made a strong case that cooler doesn't work here. So I bought some Westhighland White and tried it out.

Previous experiments at the front door. Dark gray and blue not good.

 
Westhighland provides good contrast with the white trim and white switch plate.

In the bedroom, there's almost zero contrast with the yellow I hate. It's subtle, but I like it.

This is the palette: White trim, light wood (not gray!) LVP flooring, and Westhighland White.

Chief Architect doesn't have a good way to model the quartz counters, but I'm thinking something like these from Lowes:
I'm leaning toward "Ocean Foam."




A is $80/SF, installed. B is $88/SF. The kitchen is ~32 SF, so we're talking $2,800 for kitchen counters (and I'd like to use matching quartz on counters in the Mud Room, the baths, the laundry, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...