I had just about persuaded myself that home inspector John Lasswell was wrong when he said that the bathtub leaked. I have no doubt he found moisture under the plumbing end of the tub, but that's the outside wall where someone cut a silly, narrow door out to a homespun greenhouse. When that narrow door is open, you can see a cross-section of the wall--siding, furring, sheathing--that they didn't bother to close. I wanted to conclude that the infiltration John found was the wall, not the plumbing.
Well... I took a shower this morning and five minutes later went down to measure the basement. We've had no rain since Saturday (it's Wednesday) and there was a small stain of fresh water--maybe 1 square foot--on the otherwise dry basement floor. It ain't the greenhouse.
It might be the drain line from the tub, or there could be water getting behind the tile, because the caulking has failed, especially on the long wall. A pro could poke and prod and likely find a quick sealant-based remedy. Just have to make it through Christmas with 4 or 5 visitors, then this tub is history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steps Project
I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...
-
Here's the massing of a garage at 15-degrees and an apartment above it. I have modeled stairs up each side of the 20x20 cube, because ...
-
The A.10 kitchen still isn't working. Need to establish requirements for the kitchen. It has to be impressive, or buyers will notice the...
-
Anxious to make some forward progress, I thought, "What if I painted the garage?" If I decide to extend the garage, then some of...
No comments:
Post a Comment