| I already see things I want to change |
I looked, but couldn't find anything that says that the man door on the south wall of the garage has to open in the direction of egress. That wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's better as shown, imo.
My apathy for the front yard shows...I didn't leave a door. I'm not happy with the kitchen layout, so presumably a garden door can be added (perhaps where shown) in a revised layout. The idea, by the way, was to let a super-wide refrigerator intrude into the public space so the chef isn't bothered by people getting drinks. I'm also assuming there is such a thing as a corner pantry unit.
The dashed rectangle in the garage, btw, represents the precise dimensions of a 2005 Toyota Prius.
I'm thinking that we leave the living room north elevation completely as is--hence, no garden door there--but re-face the kitchen on the north and west sides to match the garage extension, presumably something geometric like cement board, rather than vertical or horizontal siding. We might be able to save the hardwood in the living room, but not the old dining room, and it's fine in the two bedrooms.
Not sure how to treat the garage extension. Maybe a gable that ties back to the hip. But one possibility is to keep it flat and run stairs up the west side (hidden by the workshop extension), so there's an accessible roof deck. Sigh--a solution in search of a problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment