Friday, November 21, 2014

Security camera

A few weeks of playing with the Samsung SmartCam in the kitchen have persuaded me that what is needed is an outdoor camera, showing the car, the garage doors, the front door and the side yard to the back. The indoor camera in the kitchen was not very helpful.

Good news--Samsung makes an outdoor model with a nice wide angle lens that meets this need perfectly.


I can connect the camera's base unit to power in the cabinet over the microwave and run the video line straight through the wall. (Right now, I have the video line going out the kitchen's north window.) Turns out the drill bits didn't make the truck north.

I returned one indoor camera, and kept the second one to monitor Bedroom 3, since it has an outside door. These cameras work with the wi-fi network, and the Bedroom 3 camera couldn't connect reliably to the router when it was 65' away in Bedroom 1. So, I moved the router to Bedroom 2, more in the middle of the house, and everything seems copacetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...