| Whirlpool Duet |
On Saturday, Nov 15, at 2:30, the truck showed up with 3 men to bring it in. They unpacked and setup the units in the street, then walked the pair, stacked, into the house using a sling between two men. The 3-prong 220V outlet in the closet had three straight slots, which I'm told is for a range, so they couldn't test the dryer, which has an L-shaped ground plug.
They ran the washer to verify proper hookup and leak-less drain. Seems fine. After I signed the delivery forms, I went to Home Depot and bought the right outlet. After I swapped out the 220V outlet, I discovered that they hadn't bothered to install the vent.
Update: After I complained, Albert Lee sent two installers back out on Tuesday, Nov 18. They trimmed the vent hose and installed the water line for the dryer's steam feature. By the way, I found this photo on the internet. The closet still looks like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment