This weekend's experiment involved buying a quart of Sherwin-Williams Gray Screen and applying it to the north breezeway wall. I used basic white primer to hide the dark blue trim, fascia, and gutters, and painted the wall Gray Screen.
 |
| The dark blue was hard to cover with primer. The light fixture was home to many, many spiders. |
I took down the porch light--I imagine the community of spiders here referred to it as the Light House. When they painted the white over the previous cream, they didn't bother to remove the light fixture, so there was bare wood under it and white slopped over on it. I cleaned it and used my go to can of black spray paint on it.
But I digress. The main thing was to paint the incredibly light gray on the white walls. I also painted the section around the electric meter that had been painted with Acier. Just what you don't want in a paint--it's impossible to see where you have and haven't painted when it's wet, and when it dries, it's obvious.
 |
| Maybe two shades darker on the Gray Screen (Network Gray 7073, LRV 37, not 59). |
No comments:
Post a Comment