Clever Peggy points out that knowing the style of the front door will help choose exterior colors. I don't like the oval-ness, light stained wood, or overwrought moldings of the existing door, so I plan to change it.
I like something simpler, more Shaker, which will go with the simple painted woodwork I'm planning for the living room. I'm still inspired by the easy, casual look of
Shutters at the Beach.
I'm not planning to add side lights (there's no room, anyway), nor do I want to try to reshape the house as Mission or Craftsman, but some of those details wouldn't bother me.
 |
| Just the door, not the side lights. I like the hardware and the color, too. |
 |
Steel, pre-hung. Home Depot $490.
|
Frank Lumber, "The Door Store."
 |
| Frank Lumber. |
I'm willing to consider other styles, perhaps mostly glass, or even solid/panel with no glass. It doesn't have to be Craftsman, but I think that would work.
As for hardware, Baldwin calls this
Minneapolis sectional (as opposed to full or 3/4 escutcheon).
 |
| Picture it in Satin Black--the Baldwin site can't. |
Single-lite seems insecure, but maybe it would have a reverse-psychology effect.
 |
| Frank Lumber, again. |
No comments:
Post a Comment