Tuesday, August 4, 2020

What's Next?

I've ordered the Fiberon for the handrails; we talked about delivery on Thursday.
  • Test a solid (not grooved) scrap of Fiberon to see if I can use a sander to ease the edges for the handrail.
  • Cut and install a sample riser (tread 1 on the upper deck). If it seems to work, buy more rough sawn fence boards at Lowes and cut and install all the risers.
  • Finish drilling and screwing the tread slivers and fill in the missing screws on the other tread boards.
  • Install another 2x8 block at the east prow to receive a screw
  • Protect the deck and give the railing another coat of black stain
  • Continue black stain on the underpinnings (now or later)
  • Order the parts for the cable rail:
    • 400-500' of 1/8" 1x19 t316 stainless steel wire rope ($100)
    • Hydraulic crimper and wire cutter ($106)
    • 72 pairs of swage screws (CKE?) ($180)
    • 32 through-sleeves* (I'm not sure they'll fit in the 2x4 mid supports)
  • Finish design of electrical system
  • Order the 102' outdoor lights (Banord, $86). 
  • Order the under-railing LED strip lights?
  • Cut and install the handrail
  • Design the basement stairs enclosure
  • Order the Bilco door?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...