I have been thinking about creating a huge spreadsheet with all the projects, todo lists, and current status (needs design, needs bids, etc.) and it's overwhelming. The idea was that I could sort by priority and then draw a red line and the rows below would be tackled later.
Instead, I've sorted priorities in my head and, although I don't know exactly what I'm going to do for many things, I have ideas about what problems need to be solved.
Phase One
- 100 Front Yard flat work and fences. This replaces the wobbly pavers, the cracked front walk. It gets us from the street and driveway to two stoops. Also, I'd like to improve the driveway and provide footings for a steel carport. Fences of some sort (maybe to be replaced later) complete the street appeal.
- 110 Basement door. This is a priority because I may need a dry place to store things during the interior construction. The current tarp involves ducking and it doesn't work.
- 120 Re-install patio lights.
- 130 BR3 remodel. This is where I'll live during other projects, so it comes next. Peggy's plan of extending into the Workshop seems good. Paint. Tiny kitchen. Decisions about BA3, the hall (remove railing?), flooring.
Phase Two
- 200 Core. Wall changes in hall, laundry, breezeway. BA2 remodel. Remove hall carpet and vinyl floor in BA2. Electrical for more lighting in dining, living, hall, BA2.
- 220 Kitchen. Exterior wall changes, rearrange cabinets, new appliances, change lighting, bring electrical up to code. Quartz countertops. Paint. Change tile floor?
- 240 Oak Flooring. Clear out the house, refinish, extend oak floor, re-stain.
Phase Three
- 300 BA1, BR1. Remodel en suite and BR1 closets. Involves new window. Fix trim in BR1.
- 320 Steel carport. I think we can custom-design a welded 8-leg frame that supports 2x4 purlins and SunTuf "roof."
- 340 Living, Dining. Repair mirror. New downlights. Molding. Hutch. Paint.
Phase Four
- 400 West Yard flat work. It would be nice to have a place for the trash cans, and to be able to roll a wagon from driveway to patio.
- 410 Front yard low voltage lighting. Maybe even a water feature.
- 420 Landscaping front yard; new trees, plants.
Wild guess pricing
100 $5000
110 $1500
120 $100
130 $9000
Phase One - $15600
200 $2000
220 $15000
240 $3000
Phase Two - $20000
300 $15000
320 $8000
340 $4000
Phase Three - $27000
400 $2000
410 $1000
420 $2000
Phase Four - $5000
Total (fictitious) $67,600
Say $75,000
No comments:
Post a Comment