Monday, September 23, 2024

No more workshop

What if we turned the "Workshop" on Peggy's plan into a Mudroom? If it's raining, you pull into the carport, open the door and walk into the warm, dry mudroom and up the stairs into the main house, or the apartment. Cabinets would provide storage for things like vacuums, brooms, mops, skis, and hooks would hold jackets and tents and skis. Grappling hooks. I'm not an outdoors guy.

Mudroom entry

The workshop--the power and hand tools, fasteners, accessories, and long tools like levels, would be in a 4' x 8' shed out in the driveway space. Shelves along one wall, hooks on the other side. Work with a table saw or miter saw would be in the carport space.

Putting the apartment bedroom closet in the old "Workshop" space makes things roomier in BR3.

More room in front of the bed. Will they miss a sink? I don't sink so.

I'm thinking that the workshed would have a blank wall facing the driveway, with 36" doors on each side, out of view from the street. If we extended out 72", we could have shelves on both long sides. This plan shows 48" x 96".

Narrowing the hall eliminates the need for the iron railing.

Wood carport might be a custom steel frame with polycarb roof.

To avoid having three doors to the street, I'm thinking that the "dog run" on Peggy's plan needs a fence but no gate. To be explored.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...