I started to clear out the east side yard and I heard a familiar noise--angry buzzing. Soon, three, then four buzzing in chorus. Against the house, more soldiers appeared. I backed off and so did they. Thanks to Nextdoor, I quickly found Jerry the Bee Guy he came 24 hours later.
It was a bumblebee nest, just under the plastic downspout drain line. He wasn't clear on when he'd drop by, he just did. And then he went ahead and scooped up the nest before giving me a price quote. I'd prefer more transparency, but he was willing to negotiate on the price. I paid him the $150 he asked for, though he was clear that he could cut me a break. I call it lack of haggling in lieu of a tip. He was here a couple of hours (5pm-7pm), and he's a real pro.
He's also a bit of a talker--I learned tons of things about bumblebees that I didn't know. The queen is dormant during winter. The soldiers only live six weeks. Jerry (real name Marvin Johnson...shrug) also does yellowjackets and wasps.
I offered to pay in cash, but he says he reports his income honestly, so a check is fine. I wrote him a check. But, unlike the roof cleaning guy, Jerry/Marvin doesn't charge tax.
Jerry the Bee Guy
Marvin Johnson
(206) 331-1051
marvin@jerrythebeeguy.com
http://www.jerrythebeeguy.com
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steps Project
I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...
-
Here's the massing of a garage at 15-degrees and an apartment above it. I have modeled stairs up each side of the 20x20 cube, because ...
-
The A.10 kitchen still isn't working. Need to establish requirements for the kitchen. It has to be impressive, or buyers will notice the...
-
Anxious to make some forward progress, I thought, "What if I painted the garage?" If I decide to extend the garage, then some of...
No comments:
Post a Comment