Thursday, May 10, 2018

Latest Zestimate tops $800,000

In the words of Disneyland cheerleader Van France, "I'm shot full of luck." Happened to pick a solid property in an upwardly mobile neighborhood. Today's zestimate is $809,613, +73% in less than four years.

I've been thinking about the house's color scheme, and this old photo on Zillow reminds me that light over dark has some appeal.

Summer 2014 at Trees House
I like the gloss white for the eaves--the primary exposure is the north side and since the house is surrounded by trees, white eaves help the lighting situation. I think the gloss white on the siding, however, looks like white-wash. I wonder if there needs to be so much contrast (or any) between the horizontal lower section and the vertical upper section.

Zillow estimates that the house would rent for $2800/mo, so I'm thinking one of three bedrooms might be a third of that? Less for a kitchenette, so...$800? ($9,600/year would be a nice sum).
Zillow's Zestimate history for the house, neighborhood, and Seattle as a whole. The green circle is when I bought.
Update 5/27/2018: Redfin's estimate is only $760,974. Way to lose almost $50,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...