Today is the first day of the rest of my yard. It's become overgrown, a little. Drawing the first design schemes for the front, back, and side yards has made me aware that the east side is impassable due to raspberry vines and the gazebo is only accessible to Indiana Jones.
I'm experimenting with parking the car just off the street to see if I can avoid the worst of the Cedar droppings. This allows some unusual shots that illustrate the driveway's relationship to the house, as well as the clumpiness of the overgrown front yard.
Besides the start of site development design, another impetus for getting out there is that the front path (for neighborhood walks and fetching the mail) is nearly impassable.
As you can see, the plants are having a fine old time. Well, not any more.
In other news, I got a notice from the county asking if I have any "Garlic Mustard" weeds and I think that's part of what I just ripped out. "If the species is confirmed WE WILL CONTROL IT FOR FREE!" my county department of noxious weed control wrote. I'm trying to decide if I should drop a dime...if you see something, say something...rat out the weeds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steps Project
I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...
-
Here's the massing of a garage at 15-degrees and an apartment above it. I have modeled stairs up each side of the 20x20 cube, because ...
-
The A.10 kitchen still isn't working. Need to establish requirements for the kitchen. It has to be impressive, or buyers will notice the...
-
Anxious to make some forward progress, I thought, "What if I painted the garage?" If I decide to extend the garage, then some of...
No comments:
Post a Comment