Friday, June 5, 2020

Deck Plans

Here are the 1/2" scale framing plans that I've been working on.

The upper deck is pushing the cantilever a bit. Simpson to the rescue.
This is the blue sky lower deck (dashed line is existing concrete patio)
But, then I thought: Why rip everything out and set new piers, buy new $15/board lumber, level everything, and all the rest? Could I use the existing framing? I think maybe I can.
Existing girders, piers, and joists shown with "blue sky" plan dashed.
The "prow" was going to be another cantilever, but we can't do that with the joists running this way. Might just frame it as a gable end--turn a double pair of joists 90-degrees a few joists back, and use joist hangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...