Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sunday night status

Girder placed! Once the existing girder at the glass door is leveled (it slopes to the east a little), I can replace the saved joists and cut and install the new joists. Then stringers and posts (the details haven't been worked out yet) and decking.

Nice and level. The existing joists have to be trimmed.
I removed the joists from Casey's deck that I certainly can't use. I still haven't prepared a new/existing framing plan for that deck. The experience of leveling this new girder leads me to discount the value of the existing girders, so maybe I just start fresh with the framing plan I already have.
Girder on the right is in about the right place, but it needs to be longer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...