Peggy found a way to avoid popping out to the north. I'm still not sure how that works, but it involves putting the dining room table in the traffic flow, rather than dedicating 120 SF to dining.
This simplifies a lot of things, but the kitchen kinda bothers me--the eating counter is not comfortable--too narrow, too close to the wall. The counter space on either side of the range is inadequate, too. Maybe the solution is just let the eating counter go.
If we put in the spiral stair in Phase II, we'd be blowing off the dining room altogether, but that's a choice some folks make and it still sort of works.
The structure sorts itself out very nicely. We span a beam N/S over the dining table, with posts that bear on the existing stem wall. Then we hang E/W beams from the garage to the new beam. These are 14' spans--piece of cake. The E/W shear walls at BA3 and BR2 line up with the beam that supports the higher roof in the Trees Room.
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steps Project
I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...
-
Here's the massing of a garage at 15-degrees and an apartment above it. I have modeled stairs up each side of the 20x20 cube, because ...
-
The A.10 kitchen still isn't working. Need to establish requirements for the kitchen. It has to be impressive, or buyers will notice the...
-
Anxious to make some forward progress, I thought, "What if I painted the garage?" If I decide to extend the garage, then some of...
No comments:
Post a Comment