Friday, May 22, 2015

Oil Tanks? We don't need no stinkin' oil tanks...

Tim Ayres from Seattle Tank Services (aka Filco, aka Tacoma Tank) just dropped by and bid $860 to completely remove the 300-gallon oil tank. That price includes the city permit, which is > $100.

70% of the tanks they remove have leaked. If that's the case here, the state leak insurance, PLIA, will cover all costs to remediate the ground--Tim called while he was here and verified that I'm covered by PLIA. So was Frank Leddusire, so there won't be any concerns with a lapse in coverage.

One important deadline: We have 30 days past the time the furnace is removed to remove the oil tank. I asked if we could leave the furnace while we do other demolition, then remove the tank, and then remove the furnace last and Tim confirmed that that's fine with everybody--Seattle Tank included.

Tim said his bid was good for 6 months or whenever, but he wrote down 15 days--that would be June 6. I can sign and we can schedule the work for later, but I didn't want to sign today out of general paranoia.

tim@seattletank.com
(206) 938-2280

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...