Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Design As Of Now

Various design decisions later, I realized that my choices had drifted a bit from the color model. The new model reflects these changes:

  • I refined the grid at the entry, lowering the entry roof. 
  • I've revised some windows, including the window wall, to reflect how much less expensive horizontal sliders are than awning or casement. 
  • I took the wood out of the kitchen cabinets. The pantry is now black Laxarby.
  • I removed the flashy red range hood and put in tall columns--Peggy says chefs want spices and things close by. I found a cool retractable hood in black for not much money, but I haven't bothered to create it in Sketchup.
  • I simplified the entry by eliminating the "V" columns and even the fin walls. Posts aren't necessary structurally, but I can put in non-structural "V" columns on a whim.
  • I modeled a suspended wood ceiling in the trees room, allowing cove fluorescents all around. If I need to save money, the wood can be Phase 2. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...