Sunday, March 8, 2015
A.10 Roof Plan
Trees Room roof avoids the static barn feeling with the angled walls and sloping ceiling. Skylights might be a problem for media room--we'll see what we see in Sketchup. Note the sun tunnel at the laundry room and a 4x4 skylight at the land-locked bathroom.
I have a bid coming for an 11' x 14' hip skylight, but I'd be surprised if it was less than $5,000 (the cost of an aluminum and glass garage door). Four 2x4 Velux skylights cost about $1,200 so...yeah.
Update: Bid received 3/9/15 for $20,846.
The low-angle shed might not work, but I'd like to see it in Sketchup. I'm mindful that shed roofs can be off-putting . Also, this plan puts a structural point load right over the dining table. It's no problem to catch the load with a moderate-sized beam, but I'm concerned that a visitor will notice this on an unconscious level and it will make the house feel unbalanced or uncomfortable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steps Project
I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...
-
Here's the massing of a garage at 15-degrees and an apartment above it. I have modeled stairs up each side of the 20x20 cube, because ...
-
The A.10 kitchen still isn't working. Need to establish requirements for the kitchen. It has to be impressive, or buyers will notice the...
-
Anxious to make some forward progress, I thought, "What if I painted the garage?" If I decide to extend the garage, then some of...
No comments:
Post a Comment