ECA review is required. Based on a review of the submitted information, along with the City GIS system, DPD concludes that the proposed work is on a property that is mapped as ECA Known Landslide, ECA Steep Slope, and ECA Potential Landslide due to geologic conditions. Consequently, the request to exempt the project from ECA review is denied and a geotechnical engineering report is required for review. An ECA Steep Slope Area Variance, or an Exception, is not required to develop this project because the proposed work is outside of the ECA Steep Slope and its buffer. The ECA General, and Landslide-Hazard Development Standards and criteria still apply.As I read their note, they want a report that addresses the landslide hazard, and any other environmental impact, but they are skipping the Steep Slope aspect because the survey persuaded them that we're outside the buffer. That was based on a 1/16th scale site plan I did that showed the Trees Room extending farther south that we've actually considered. Now we can consider moving south, so that's something.
So, as the plans firm up, I'll need to hire a geotechnical engineer, such as J. Keith Cross. Last Labor Day, I emailed Dale Marcum that I had found two:
Robinson Noble
Woodinville
www.robinson-noble.com
J. Keith Cross, PE
PO Box 1986
Bellevue, WA
http://keithcrossgeotechnical.com
Dale said Robinson-Noble seemed to specialize in hydro. So I'm back to the list I used then, the ASCE List of Geotechnical Firms. Mr. Cross already has $800 of my money, and he consulted on 814 NW 118th, across the street. However, he told me a report would be $10,000, more if there were issues.
Liu and Associates
19213 Kenlake Pl. NE
Seattle, WA 98155 [No, it's Kenmore 98028, up by Lake Forest Park]
425-483-9134
Others that caught my eye include:
Creative Engineering Options of Redmond: 425-883-6889 (No web site)
Geotech Consultants, Inc. of Bellevue.
Zipper Geo out of Lynnwood. John Zipper: jzipper@zippergeo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment