Monday, March 30, 2015

It's still the roof

The A.11 plan continues to hold; it really seems to work, except perhaps at the entry.

Not sure about the green roof, but a generally sloping ceiling to the trees in the back makes sense for the Trees Room, and I want a high ceiling in the dining room (and ceiling height variety around the entry).

What I don't want is the garage hip roof coming around the corner, impacting the walk to the front door. So I sketched this:

Remember that the design criteria effectively says that the south elevation can go to hell. All that matters is north and maybe west. The flat portion is quite arbitrary, of course. The ridge is where it is now, but that doesn't have to be true--the flat portion could be skinnier or it could be more of a mansard.

Update 3/31/15: Here's revision with a lower flat roof on the garage and stepped flat roofs over the Trees Room. This includes removing overhangs from the flat roofs, extending the entry roof north, and glazing the entry door wall for an MCM inside-outside feel.


What a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...