Dave Williams of Zipper Geo is out this morning, putting stakes in the ground where his soil boring people should drill as soon as April 6. He wants to do this in person to minimize the chance that the drillers hit some underground utilities. I showed him where the sewer and water lines leave the north wall of the basement and where the oil tank is.
Between now and drilling, I'm told that utility locating people (USA) might come by and spray paint the street.
This is quick work--I only signed a contract with Zipper yesterday at 5pm. He said they should have the report in four weeks--about April 28--but hopefully a week or two sooner. The geotech report is the critical path until they deliver it, at which time my architectural drawings become the critical path. After that, Seattle DPD is the critical path, followed by my foundation contractor.
I still don't have a final design, but I have to start thinking about when to brief the neighbors. Preferably, I'd show them a rendering before I submit plans to the city. Also, the folks to the east (the Swierz's) have a drain pipe emptying into Carkeek--Mr. Williams said he would have to mention that in his report.
Update 4/3/15: Joseph from USIC (not USA) came by looking for buried gas and Comcast lines. I showed him the overhead Comcast and confirm no gas, so he spray painted "No gas, no Comcast" on the street and took off. Nice guy.
Update 4/3/15: Soil boring is scheduled for Friday, 4/10, before noon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steps Project
I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...
-
Here's the massing of a garage at 15-degrees and an apartment above it. I have modeled stairs up each side of the 20x20 cube, because ...
-
The A.10 kitchen still isn't working. Need to establish requirements for the kitchen. It has to be impressive, or buyers will notice the...
-
Anxious to make some forward progress, I thought, "What if I painted the garage?" If I decide to extend the garage, then some of...
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment