Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Roof is the Hardest Part

Not really, but it's given me some trouble.

I'm still not concentrating on the Trees Room itself. It should slope like this, I think--the rain water should go to the street, not the park, and the eye should move up to the tree tops beyond. It doesn't have to be this steep, but this design preserves head height for getting into the future master suite.
 This model includes gutters and downspouts, because I realize that that's important. (We want to carry runoff to the street.) The breakthrough came when I saw that the dining room roof 1) had to be fairly high for the existing hip roof not to be compromised and 2) was independent of the dining room ceiling. That is, we can drop a ceiling to whatever height we want, or leave it dramatically high.


Metal Roof?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...