Tuesday was a productive day. Finished packing up kitchen stuff and put it in the basement (Sterlite has my confidence). Took the Makita miter saw and Cuisinart coffee maker to the Salvation Army. To my surprise, they took all the kitchen shelves and even the plastic champagne flutes.
 |
| In case you have trouble remembering. |
At the end of the day, I finished taking out the hot tub platform, the steps to the lower level, and the southern end of the main deck.
 |
| Hey, remember the hot tub platform? |
 |
| There does seem to be red paving under a layer of soil and needles. |
 |
| No more stairs |
A funny thing happened as I removed the main deck at the south--the basement railing just keeled over. Actually, it fell across the basement steps, but I freed the sump pump pipe and threw it over the other way. Nice to know that they didn't compromise the basement stair wall with fasteners. A Bilco door looks pretty easy.
 |
| Railing was attached to the deck, not to the concrete wall at all. |
No comments:
Post a Comment