Tuesday, May 26, 2020

I Miss the Huge Junk Pile

Not really. But now I need to design and build--no more excuses--and that's scary. Armed with my as-built, Peggy shook several designs out of her sleeve quickly and effortlessly.
Sketch #1
Alternate #1

Sketch #2
Sketch #3
Sketch #3 pulls the upper deck away from BA3 to provide access to the vault and the sewage ejector, shown here:
I'd like to have easier access to the vault and the valve than crawling on my belly under the deck.
Sketch #4
In a half-hour Tuesday, I filled and dumped the wagon 5 or 6 times with dirt covering the patio. The hardest work is pulling the full wagon up the side yard.
The line is a taut string that I remember from first moving in--it's a rectangle, sort of.
It occurred to me that this is like keeping your food in a frosty block of ice in your kitchen. One day, you scrape off some of the ice, then a little more, and, gradually, a refrigerator appears. It was under the ice all the time.
For direct comparison, this is the same view before removing 6 wagonfuls. See the taut string? Neither did I.
And, lastly, we now have a safety railing, such as it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...