Monday, May 18, 2020

Basement Door

I like the idea of replacing the railings on either side of the basement steps with a Bilco door. The well opening is 39.5" wide by 97.5" long, and that's long by Bilco standards, so I would need to build some sort of shroud/tunnel at the house, which is just where an egress platform is needed under the BR2 window. Top of the 8" surrounding wall to top of basement door is 25".
Failing railing: rotting, sagging, and so last century.
I like building a shroud at the house, with a B-size Bilco in front
Bilco also sells a plastic door, called the Ultra, that only comes in one size (C)--56"W x 73"L, x 19.5"H. It would overhang my well by 2.5", and it would need a 32.5" extension at the house.
Bilco Ultra Series Basement Door
Dunn Lumber is a Bilco dealer; I have contacted them for a price. Home Depot has doors from Bilco, and Gordon. They carry the standard Bilco steel, with a white powder coat, for $875.
Home Depot Bilco door. $875 Steel extension available. Lock is $89 more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps Project

I want to remodel the whole front yard. New hardscape, and so on. But at the moment, my path from the driveway to the house is only barely w...